The mission of the BSPHN committee is to support and develop the Behavioural Science and Public Health Network. This entails providing a forum for behavioural scientists, social scientists and public health specialists interested in the promotion and practice of behavioural and social science to increase synthesis with public health. Our overarching aim is to contribute to the scientific study of social, behavioural, and psychological processes in health, illness and health care, and to utilize the evolving evidence base in promoting and maintaining health, enhancing the delivery of health care, sharing knowledge and best practice, and preventing or reducing illness and disability and its impact on individuals, families and communities.
- To support the sharing of knowledge, evidence-based approaches, and best practice between the disciplines of behavioural and social science and public health.
- To increase the knowledge and application of behavioural and social science to public health within the following fields:
- the promotion and maintenance of health
- the analysis and improvement of the health care system and health policy formation; and
- the prevention of illness and disability and the enhancement of outcomes of those who are ill or disabled.
- To promote the application of behavioural and social science in the domains of public health and social care through the use of evidence-based interventions that enhance health-related behaviour.
- To provide a forum for discussion on relevant public health and behavioural and social science information.
- To promote research in behavioural and social science and public health.
- To develop collaborative links with behavioural and social science and public health colleagues both nationally and internationally.
- To highlight and promote the development of professional skills in practice, research, consultancy and teaching/training in behavioural and social science related to public health.
- To support the training of Behavioural and social Scientists and Public Health Practitioners in terms of capacity building.
- To promote and support Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of members of the BSPHN.
- To provide information on careers and employment opportunities for those with an interest in behavioural and social science related to public health.
- To support the development of the BSPHN.
- Access to members area of our website
- Annual conference
- Footage and resources from events
- Contact directory
- Network publication
- Heavily discounted rates for BSPHN networking events and workshops
- Student / Unwaged – £10 per annum
- Graduated / Waged – £25 per annum