If you buy membership of the Behavioural Science and Public Health Network (BSPHN) online, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Purchase:
1. The purchase of membership of the BSPHN is non-refundable, except where required by statutory provisions.
2. Membership begins on receipt of your confirmation email.
3. From the moment of purchase, the prospective member is bound by the Terms and Conditions of membership which may be amended from time-to-time.
4. The BSPHN is an unincorporated association, governed by committee and constitution.
5. Those who apply for Student/Unwaged Membership online must be:
- A full-time student or part time student studying at a college or university
- for a degree/qualification expected to take one year or longer,
- in any department with a professional interest in behavioural or social science and/or public health
6. Members purchasing online membership give the BSPHN permission to deduct the annual membership fee per annum from their PayPal account, unless cancellation of membership is sent to the BSPHN Secretary two weeks before the annual renewal date. This will continue on a rolling annual basis.
7. Use of the Website. The Website contains text, software, scripts, graphics, information, data, pictures, sounds, music, videos, interactive features, user generated information, editorial and other content accessible by Members (the “Content”). All Content is owned, licensed to and/or copyrighted by BSPHN and may be used only in accordance with this Agreement. The Website is also protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to relevant copyright laws and international conventions. The trademarks, service marks and logos contained in the Websites are owned by or licensed to BSPHN. The BSPHN and its licensors retain title, ownership and all other rights and interests in and to all information and Content on the Websites.
For the duration of your subscription, you may only access the Website personally with an individual browser or mobile application (bots, crawlers, spiders, scraping and other automatic access tools are prohibited), use graphics, information, data, editorial, and any other Content only for personal use. For example, the download of the whole or material parts of any work or database is prohibited. Resale of a work or database or portion thereof is prohibited. Online or other republication of Content is prohibited. Violation of this limited use license may result in immediate termination of your membership and may result in legal action against you. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Websites or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Websites or Services or the Content therein.
8. User Provided Content. Portions of the Service and Content on the Websites are submitted by you and other users ("User Provided Content"), to which you may contribute appropriate material. For User Provided Content, we are merely hosting and providing access as well as providing tools to post and share content, and we cannot accept any liability whatsoever with regard to such material (including with respect to its accuracy). While we cannot preview or monitor the User Provided Content, we may apply, at our discretion, automated filtering tools monitor and/or delete any content that Ancestry believes to be in violation of this Agreement (for example, we could use automated tools to suppress obscene content). We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any User Provided Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or is illegal, obscene, indecent, or defamatory, incites racial or ethnic hatred, or violates the rights of others, and we may terminate your use of the Service in these circumstances. We are sensitive to the copyright and other intellectual property rights of others. For complaints regarding copyright infringement or illegal content, click here.
9. Your Compliance Obligations. You must comply with all applicable laws and refrain from infringing any third-party rights or interests (including, without limitation, privacy and intellectual property rights) and you shall not knowingly, wilfully or recklessly submit inaccurate Content to the Website.
10. Liability Disclaimer.
10.1. No Warranty. We do not extend or express any warranties or representations as to the quality and/or accuracy of the Content, Websites or Service, and we expressly disclaim and exclude any implied warranties, conditions and/or representations to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we offer the Service on an "as is basis" and (i) we do not accept responsibility for any use of or reliance on the Websites, Content or Service, or for any disruptions to or delay in the Service; and (ii) we do not make any representations as to the accuracy, comprehensiveness, completeness, quality, currency, error-free nature, compatibility, security or fitness for purpose of the Websites, Content or Service. Furthermore, BSPHN does not guarantee the adequacy of the Service or the Websites or compatibility thereof to your computer equipment or environment. BSPHN does not warrant that the Website, the Service, its servers, or any emails which may be sent from Ancestry are free of viruses or any other harmful components.
10.1.1. Limitation of Liability. We limit our liability to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. In particular, we shall not be liable for any damages that we cause unintentionally and we shall not be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise (whether such loss or damage was foreseeable, known or otherwise): (i) loss of revenue; (ii) loss of actual or anticipated profits; (iii) loss of the use of money; (iv) loss of anticipated savings; (v) loss or corruption of, or damage to, data, systems or programs; or (vi) any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused, provided that nothing in these Terms will be interpreted so as to limit or exclude any liability which may not be excluded or limited by law. If you are using the Service as a consumer, your mandatory, statutory consumer rights shall be unaffected.
10.1.2. Liability Cap. Except in respect of liability which cannot be limited or excluded (as set out above), our total liability to you whether in contract (including negligence) or otherwise is limited to the greater of (a) £100 for each claim or series of connected claims, up to an aggregate of £200 for any number of incidents (whether or not connected) in any 12 month period, or (b) the aggregate fees received from you in connection with the Service in the 12 month period preceding the incident on which your claim is based.
10.1.3. No Liability or Endorsement for Third Party Services. BSPHN may, from time to time, provide opportunities to users of the Service to link to or buy services from third parties. Websites of those third parties may be subject to terms and conditions different from those applicable to the BSPHN website and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have read and understood them. BSPHN makes no warranty concerning, is not responsible for and does not endorse any third party provided goods or services, and you agree that any recourse for dissatisfaction or problems with those goods or services will be sought from the third-party provider and not from Ancestry.
10.1.4. Exclusive Remedy. Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this clause 10, if you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Service, or with any clause of these Terms, as your sole and exclusive remedy you may discontinue using the Service and Website. If you are a paying subscriber and you terminate for a breach or important cause after providing us with a 30 day cure period during which we are unable to cure, we will refund any pre-paid fees on a pro-rated basis to you.
11. Termination. If we decide to discontinue use of the Websites or Service, or if you breach these Terms, we may suspend or terminate your access to the Website and Service.
12. Additional Guest or Subscribing Member Terms.
12.1. Registration and Security.
12.1.1. As part of the registration process, you will select a subscriber name and a password. You must provide the BSPHN with accurate, complete, and updated registration information.
12.1.2. You must immediately notify us by regular mail or by email at email@example.com of any known or suspected unauthorised use(s) of your account, or any known or suspected breach of security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You will never be required to reveal your password to any representative or agent of BSPHN.
12.1.3. You are responsible for all usage or activity on the Website via your account. Distribution of your password to others for access to the Websites or Service is expressly prohibited and shall constitute a breach of these Terms. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your account, at our sole discretion, and you may be referred to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
13. The BSPHN reserves the right to refuse a person membership of the Society and/or to invalidate this purchase with full refund.
14. These terms and conditions are correct as of 01/09/18.