Please note the deadline for submission of your Nomination Form is Monday 17th January 2022.
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years. The Treasurer’s role includes:
- Processing and keeping accurate and up-to-date accounts, including membership fees and income from events
- Presenting income and expenditure to the AGM in written form annually
- Providing forms at each committee meeting for travel expenses incurred on committee business
- For travel expense claims submitted within 8 weeks, approving and arranging payment
- Authorising any ad hoc expenditure
- Managing all BSPHN financial accounts reconciling accounts and maintaining up to date signatory details
Publicity and Liaison (P&L) Chair
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years. The P&L Chair role includes:
- Increasing the profile and influence of health psychology with the public, policymakers, employers, students and other health professionals
- Promoting the benefits of BSPHN membership
- Supporting the ongoing development of the BSPHN
- Engaging media and promoting activities of the BSPHN.
This role is responsible for:
- Chairing the Publicity and Liaison Sub-Committee
- Organising the aims and objectives of the Publicity and Liaison Sub-Committee
- Oversight of the BSPHN website, social media and publication publishing plans/deadlines
- Organise regular teleconferences with the Publicity and Liaison Subcommittee in order to ensure that agreed plans and deadlines are being met.
- Reporting directly to the BSPHN committee on the Publicity and Liaison Sub-Committee’s activity and also to the AGM of the BSPHN.
- Promotion of the BSPHN, including co-ordination of publicity materials and events to a variety of audiences
- Ensuring and coordinating press, media and social media coverage at the BSPHN’s annual conference and other events in collaboration with the other members of the Publicity and Liaison Sub-Committee
- Exploring new avenues for the promotion of the aims of BSPHN
- Attempting to increase membership
- Liaising with other members of the Publicity and Liaison Sub-Committee on ways to most effectively publicise the aims and membership of BSPHN.
- Supporting the Conference Sub-Committee in promotion of the Conference
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years and contributes to the Publicity and Liaison Subcommittee. The Publication Editor’s role involves:
- The production of the two membership publications per year, to include organisation of the collection of documents and graphics from members and committee.
- Working with the Conference and Events Sub-committee to promote upcoming events and research poster competitions.
- Gathering content such as articles relevant to past events and ensuring that they are of sufficient quality for publishing
- Proofreading the publication for accuracy and gaining approval to publish from the BSPHN Chair/Chair-Elect
- Publishing to agreed deadlines with the Publicity and Liaison Chair and Executive committee members.
- Encouraging committee members to write for the publication and share ideas.
- Ensuring that article authors have adequate time in which to produce articles and that authors adhere to agreed deadlines.
- Contacting external partners/organisations who may have something to contribute to the publication.
- Keeping the BSPHN committee informed of all issues pertaining to the publication.
Assistant Publication Editor(s) x 2
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years and contributes to the Publicity and Liaison Subcommittee. The Assistant Publication Editor role involves:
- Collaborating with the Editor to research and plan new articles
- Encouraging committee members, speakers from events, and relevant contacts to write articles
- Liaising with team members to ensure that deadlines are met
- Writing and editing pieces
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for pieces
- Choose supporting material e.g. images and illustrations
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Use social media to draw attention to articles
- Provide administrative support to the Editor
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years and contributes to the Publicity and Liaison Subcommittee. The Website Manager role involves:
- Managing and updating the website’s content in relation to resources from the PHE Improving People’s Health Strategy, events and event advertising.
- Promoting the BSPHN via the website.
- Liaising closely with members of the Committee in order to keep the website updated with all the latest and most important news.
- Collaborating with the Website designer to develop the website and ensure a consistent approach to BSPHN branding.
- Liaising with partner organisations to enhance the promotion of relevant events, opportunities and collaborations.
Conference and Events Chair
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years and contributes to the Conference and Events Sub-Committee. The Conference and Events Chair role involves:
- Overseeing all plans for three events per year 1 conference, 2 CPD events including, but not exclusive to, the venue, programme, refreshments as well as any social activities.
- Organising the aims and objectives of the Conference and Events Sub-Committee. • Organise regular teleconferences with the Conference and Events Subcommittee in order to ensure that agreed plans and deadlines are being met.
- Reporting directly to the BSPHN committee on the Conference and Events Subcommittee ’s activity and also to the AGM of the BSPHN.
- Liaising with venues and speakers for the annual conference.
- Aim to increase the number of delegates attending BSPHN events.
- Encouraging a broad range of speakers/submissions.
- Enhancing conference content.
- Working with the Publicity and Liaison Subcommittee to promote events and relevant articles for the publication.
- Reviewing operational aspects of the conference in order to ensure value for money and efficiency.
- Liaising with partner organisations (such as PsyPAG / DHP) for participation of their members and presence at events
Stakeholder Liaison Officer
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years. The Policy Officer role involves:
- Reporting to the BSPHN on policy-related issues and consultations that the BSPHN may wish to be aware of or respond to.
- Building on current relationships with the Division of Health Psychology and other parts of the BPS in collaboration with the Chair.
- Developing relationships with Public Health organisations such as the Royal Society of Public Health, Faculty of Public Health and Public Health England in collaboration with the Chair.
- Increasing the profile and influence of behavioural and social science in the public health arena across a variety of local and national forums and organisations.
National Hub Lead
This role is elected at the AGM and held for three years. The National Hub Lead role includes:
- Working with new and existing Regional Hubs to increase the profile and influence of behavioural and social science through supporting, developing and coordinating communities of practice across England.
- Representing the BSPHN at regional steering groups to identify a programme of support and events to:
- Support the network of regional members
- Encourage sharing expertise and best practice
- Create links between regions
- Chairing quarterly National Hub Steering Group Meetings.
- Overseeing the support for regional events delivered by the Hub Coordinator, including all aspects of the coordination, administration and promotion of online and/or face to face Regional Hub Events.
- Evaluating Regional Hub work and providing the BSPHN committee, steering groups and funding bodies updates and producing an evaluation report detailing progress.