1. What is the Behavioural Science and Public Health Network (BSPHN)?
The BSPHN is a network that brings together professionals with an interest in behavioural or social science and public health.
2. Who is the network for?
The network is for professionals interested in all domains of public health and behavioural or social science. We aim to share best practice and maximise the opportunity and insights that both fields have to offer. We can do this by embedding behavioural and social sciences into public health practice and incorporating key learnings from public health into behavioural and social science research so that it provides translational evidence.
3. Who are your members?
Our members are based nationally and internationally with a variety of backgrounds and specialist areas, and include behavioural scientists, health psychologists, public health consultants and practitioners, social scientists, NHS staff, eminent academics, PhD/MSc students and trainees.
4. What benefits are there if I sign up to become a member?
Benefits of membership include access to discounted events and workshops, CPD sessions, regular publication, updates, access to our contact directory and LinkedIn group.
5. How much does it cost to become a member of the network?
Our rates are competitive and help to continue to support the network, to find out more please visit the membership page.
6. Have you got a social media presence?
7. I have an idea for an event or workshop, who should I get in contact with?
We are always looking for new ideas and input from our members for events and workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your idea.
8. I am new to this field and would like to develop my career in this area, can you tell me what opportunities are available or where I can find out more?
There are lots of opportunities in this growing area and it is an exciting time to join our network as we will keep up to date with opportunities to develop your career! By joining the Network you will be linked to a number of professionals with a range of experience that will be able to offer advice and support.
9. I would like to attend an event, what do I need to?
Please get in contact with email@example.com to book your place.
10. If I wanted to write an article for your publication, what would I need to do?
Writing an article is great way to communicate your thoughts and ideas to fellow Network members. We welcome contributions to our publication and would like to hear from you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
11. How can I promote my work to the Network?
If you would like to promote the work you are involved in, share good practice, or are looking for participants or collaboration for your research, you can reach the BSPHN community through our social media groups or publication.