Terms and Conditions for Event Bookings
We would particularly draw your attention to paragraph 7 (Our cancellation rights), paragraph 8 (Your cancellation rights), paragraph 9 (Our liability to you) and paragraph 10 (How we use your personal data). Please also check that the details on the booking form are complete and accurate. These Terms together with the booking form constitute the entire agreement between you and us. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and the booking form, these Terms will prevail.
References to “we/our/us" in these Terms means Behavioural Science and Public Health Network. We operate the website bsphn.org.uk. Our contact address for the purposes of these Terms is email@example.com
When you submit the booking form to us, this does not mean we have accepted your booking. Our acceptance of the booking will take place when we issue you with a written confirmation, following receipt of payment. If you do not receive a written confirmation within 2 weeks of submitting the booking form to us, you should contact us in writing. You are advised not to incur any expenses in relation to the event until you have received written confirmation of your booking.
The price for the event is set out on our website in force at the time of booking. Payment in full must be received by us in advance of the event in cleared funds. Payment sent independently of the booking form must state the details of the event and the name of the person attending and/or membership number.
If you do not pay us for the event as set out in paragraph 2 above, you will not be permitted to attend the event and will not be able to book onto any other event held by us until payment in full has been received.
You may change the name of a booking up to the booking deadline by contacting us in writing. You will be required to pay any difference in booking fees paid if the original fee was lower than that applicable to the new attendee. You may not share an event package with any other individual.
Our prices may change at any time, but price changes will not affect a booking that we have confirmed with you. All prices include VAT at the point of sale. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the booking and the date of the event, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the event in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
Our cancellation rights:
- We may have to cancel an event due to an event outside our control; the unavailability of key personnel or key materials; or low booking numbers for an event. We will notify you of such a cancellation as soon as reasonably possible.
- If we have to cancel an event for any of the reasons set out in clause 7(a) above and you have made any payment in advance for the event, we will, at our sole option, either refund these amounts to you or offer to transfer you to a different event.
- For the purposes of this clause 7, events outside our control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation: strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks.
Your cancellation rights:
- You may cancel any booking by giving us notice in writing.
- If you cancel between time of booking and 7 working days prior to the event start date, you will receive a full refund of any monies paid in advance. We will refund you via PayPal, cheque or bank transfer to a bank account specified by you.
- If you cancel after 7 working days of submitting your booking, you will incur a £20 administration charge.
- Such cancellation fees are to cover costs incurred by us as a result of your cancellation which will not be recoverable by us (e.g. catering costs).
- Details of your legal right to cancel and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in our written confirmation of your booking.
Our liability to you:
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we confirmed your booking.
- We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity in connection with or in any way arising out of your booking with us.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents, or subcontractors; or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
How we may use your personal information:
Other important terms:
- These Terms are between you and us and no other person shall have any rights to enforce them.
- These Terms and any disputes or claims relating to them are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services that are not provided as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.